The Sacrament of Baptism is administered after the 4:30 pm Mass on Saturday Evening and after the 10:45 am Mass on Sunday. Parents who are preparing for the baptism of their child are expected to attend a Baptism Class which is held periodically. Please see the bulletin for information.
Guidelines for Godparents
In deciding on a Godparent, parents have a serious responsibility to choose well; it is a decision requiring much thought, prayer and discussion. When parents have decided, it is appropriate that you tell the Godparent-to-be what led you to your decision. There is a great honor involved, but also a great responsibility. You are looking for:
1. A mature member of the Catholic Church at least 16 years of age.
2. A Catholic who has received the Sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation and attends Mass on a regular basis and receives the Eucharist frequently (monthly).
3. If married, a person who is validly married according to the laws of the Catholic Church.
4. A person who can share with you the task of handing on the Catholic Faith.
5. And as well, you may choose a baptized person who belongs to a non-Catholic community only in company with a Catholic sponsor, then only to act as a witness to the baptism – not a Godparent.
Catholic Godparents from outside of Saint Patrick Church must get a sponsor letter from the parish in which they are registered. This must be in the office one week prior to the Baptism.