First Friday Devotions
During the Year of Mercy, Father Carroll instituted the First Friday Devotions. Our First Friday Devotions usually consist of Mass at 7 pm (Stations of the Cross during Lent) followed by Eucharistic Adotation, Confessions from 7:30 - 8:30 pm, concluding with Night Prayer with Benediction at 8:45 pm.
Holy Hour of Reparation
- I will give them all of the graces necessary for their state of life.
- I will establish peace in their houses.
- I will comfort them in all their afflictions.
- I will be their strength during life and above all during death.
- I will bestow a large blessing upon all their undertakings.
- Sinners shall find in My Heart the source and the infinite ocean of mercy.
- Tepid souls shall grow fervent.
- Fervent souls shall quickly mount to high perfection.
- I will bless every place where a picture of my heart shall be set up and honored.
- I will give to priests the gift of touching the most hardened hearts.
- Those who shall promote this devotion shall have their names written in My Heart, never to be blotted out.
- I promise you in the excessive mercy of My Heart that My all-powerful love will grant to all those who communicate on the First Friday in nine consecutive months the grace of final penitence; they shall not die in My disgrace nor without receiving their sacraments; My Divine Heart shall be their safe refuge in this last moment.
by Angelus Press 2009
Our First Friday Devotions also coincide with
First Fridays Downtown York
Saint Patrick Catholic Church is only a few short blocks from Downtown York. From 5 - 9 pm many of our local businesses are open. Consider parking at Saint Pat's and walking a few short blocks to visit some of our local businesses and then join us for Mass at 7 pm.
2017 FIRST FRIDAY THEMES
January 6 - “Flashback Friday"
February 3 - “Luv-in’ the City”
March 3 - “March Downtown”
April 7 - “Tap into Spring”
May 5 - “Cinco De Mayo”
June 2 - “Dads and Dudes”
July 7 - “Made in America”
August 4 - “Endless Summer”
September 1 - “Fashion Friday”
October 6 - “Art-Ober”
November 3 - “Holiday Open House”
December 1 - “Light Up Night”