“Seven Last Words of Jesus”
1. "Father, forgive them, they know not what they do" (Lk 23:34).
Passages for prayer and reflection during Holy Week.
Who do I find impossible to forgive? How can I overcome this feeling?
2. "I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise.” (Lk 23:43).
Who is someone who is lonely and hurting that I can comfort this week?
3. "Woman, behold, your son...Behold, your mother" (Jn 19:26-27).
What is something kind I can do for my mother or another family member this week?
4. "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" (Mt 27:46)
What is the greatest obstacle to my faith? Write a prayer that asks God for help with this challenge.
5. "I thirst." (Jn 19:28).
Imagine that Jesus Thirst for you - What is something that I thirst for? How can I avoid thirsting for what is wrong?
6. "It is fulfilled" (Jn 19:30).
What are major commitments I have made for my life? How can I better follow through on those commitments?
7. "Father, into your hands I commit my spirit" (Lk 23:46).
What is the hardest thing in my life to let go of? What things keep me from following the Lord?