This Lent, IGNITE Your Faith through:
- Deeping your relationship with Christ (Prayer)
- Deeping your knowledge of Christ (Study)
- Sharing your gifts with others (Generosity/Stewardship)
- Reaching out to others (Evangelization)
- Give up something that keeps you from drawing closer to Jesus. (TV, Computer, etc.)
- Do something (see below) that will bring Him Closer to You!
Tip: Read through the 4 Sections below and Select 1 item from each Section that you would like to do this week.
Deeping your relationship with Christ (Prayer)
- Spend 10 Minutes a Day in Prayer with God.
- Ask God for his advice. Ask him, “God, what do you think I should do?”
- Take a few minutes to reflect on your image of God. And God's Image of You.
- Offer each hour or activity of your day to God as a prayer for a specific intention.
- What lesson is God trying to teach you through the experiences of your life at the moment?
- Attend a Weekday Mass, or First Friday Mass, Healing Service, or Respect Life Mass.
- Visit Adoration Chapel — spend 15-30 min with Jesus.
- Wednesday Rosary after 5:15 pm Mass.
- Women's Prayer Group - Wednesday 7:00 pm.
- Prayer and Praise Community - Thursdays 6:30 pm
- Stations of the Cross on Friday Evenings.
- Praying the rosary daily and/or praying with my family.
- Novena to Our Lady UnDoer of Knots
- Praying the daily examen each evening.
- At the end of the day, write down three times when you were fully aware of God in your day.
- On-Line Prayer Resources:
Deeping your knowledge of Christ (Study)
- Read “Resisting Happiness” Book you received at Christmas. (Join Book Discussion on Sundays) - Resisting Happiness Resources
- Set aside a few minutes each day to read and reflect on a passage from the Bible. Begin with the Gospel of Matthew (See Detailed Matthew Notes).
- Do something today to stoke your love of learning.
- Select Book/CD from our Book Display in back of Church to study.
- Select Book/Video from our Parish Library in Cafeteria.
- Attend Sr. Monica’s Bible Study on Tuesdays (AM/PM).
- On-Line Study Resources:
Sharing your gifts with others (Generosity/Stewardship)
- Be gentle with the people who cross your path. You never know what they are carrying around inside.
- Spending more time helping my kids with their homework.
- Volunteering to work at (or donate to) the food pantry once per month.
- Reaching out with Hospitality to our Parish Family each week at Mass.
- Visit the lonely. Somewhere someone is asking God to send someone to visit him. God wants you to help him answer that prayer.
- Helping a neighbor or friend.
- Driving a person in need to Church.
- Babysit for friends so they can have a date night.
- Do someone else’s chores at home.
- Sell something you own and donate the proceeds.
- Talk with your spouse and kids over dinner about how you can give to others as a family
- Sharing your Time, Talent, or Treasure with our Parish.
Reaching out to others (Evangelization)
- Talking to my kids/family about my faith.
- Sharing with others Catholic books, DVDs, CDs I've read or watched or listened to.
- Using social media to make references to my Catholic faith.
- Inviting friends to parish functions and especially to Mass, prayer/devotions, learning experiences, and social events.